November 25,2013-December 3, 2013
Position: Library Page (2)
Location: East Central Public Library
Available: January 2, 2014
1. High School Diploma or GED and 18 years of age.
2. Must have dependable transportation to and from work.
3. Must be able to work mornings, evenings, and weekends (Saturday) as scheduled and work up to 18 hours per week.
4. Must have good communications skills, both orally and written.
5. Must have good computer skills, and have the ability to learn new computer applications.
6. Must be able to push carts filled with books, lift boxes of books, bend and stretch to reach high and low shelves while holding books, and other physical tasks as needed.
1. Prefer candidates that have a JGRLS library card.
2. Prefer candidates with previous work experience involving providing goods or services to the public.
Wages: Minimum Wage: $7.25/hour
WORK HOURS: Up to 18 hour/week; including evenings and weekends.
DUTIES: In conjunction with other library personnel, shelving of materials, mending materials, prepare new items for circulation, staff public service desk; answer phones; assist Library Manager in day-to-day operations as required.
TO APPLY: Applications can be picked up beginning November 25, 2013 at East Central Public Library, 21801 Slider Road, Hurley, MS or from the www.jgrls.org website.
DEADLINE: All applications must be completed and submitted to the East Central Public Library by 4:00 p.m. Tuesday, December 3, 2013. Mandatory skill & knowledge tests will be given by appointment.
October 8, 2013 – December 6, 2013
Announcement of Career Ladder Position
Position: Librarian III – Branch Manager
Location: Pascagoula Public Library
Available: January 1, 2014
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: IF YOU DO NOT MEET ALL OF THESE QUALIFICATIONS, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THE POSITION.
A. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
1. A Masters' degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited graduate school.
2. Five years successful professional public library experience, with at least two years in a supervisory position.
3. Effective oral and written communication skills.
4. Demonstrated commitment to customer service, community involvement, networking, resource sharing, staff development and in-service training.
5. Knowledge of current technologies available to library staff and patrons.
6. Knowledge of integrated library systems and recent experience using them.
7. Active membership in one or more library-related professional organizations.
8. Valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
B. PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
1. Experience managing a staff of 15 or more at varying levels of experience, education and a wide range of responsibilities.
2. Experience as primary writer in successfully seeking grant funds to enhance library facilities and/or services.
3. Experience recruiting and managing volunteers.
SALARY/BENEFITS: Starting Salary Range - $50,000-$60,000
WORK HOURS: 37.5 hour work week; normal work schedule may include day, evening and rotating Friday/Saturday hours.
1. Responsible for the management, supervision and development of the Pascagoula Public Library and the Genealogy and Local History Department.
2. Work with branch and system staff to develop a series of programs for various age groups and the general public to be presented at the library throughout the year.
3. Develop awareness and understanding of community concerns, issues, and interests. Become involved in the community, with active membership in at least one major civic organizations serving residents of Pascagoula.
4. Responsible for maintenance of facilities and grounds, working with the assistant director to develop and implement plans when assistance beyond those available through the regular library custodial staff is required.
5. Organize, train, direct, schedule, motivate and evaluate paid and volunteer personnel.
6. Analyze personnel, budget, services, equipment and facility needs and problems and recommend cost-effective and efficient solutions appropriately.
7. Plan and perform materials selection, weeding, and other collection development activities, in accordance with established policies.
8. Conduct orientation and other training, re-training and cross training programs for personnel as needed.
9. Communicate, model, and implement approved policies and procedures in a timely and effective manner.
10. Serve as the primary liaison with JGRLS administrative staff.
11. Prepare forms and reports as needed, scheduled or requested, including purchase orders, monthly schedules, branch statistics, requests for public relations services, and inventory reports and other reports as needed.
12. Closely monitor expenditures of all departments and staff supervised.
13. Support the activities of the Friends, Library Advisory Board and other groups working to support the Pascagoula Public Library and/or JGRLS.
14. Stay current with developments in the field of librarianship through professional reading, association memberships, and attendance at professional workshops and conference and participation in in-house and online training as requested.
15. Schedule and conduct regular branch staff meetings.
In-House Candidates: Most meet minimum qualifications to apply. Submit a formal letter of application to Cynthia Winters, Personnel and Reports Manager, at the Jackson-George Regional Library System; 3214 Pascagoula Street, Pascagoula, MS 39567. The letter should state why you want the position and what your career goals and objectives are.
Out-of-House Candidates: Most meet minimum qualifications to apply. Submit a formal letter and formal resume to Cynthia Winters, Personnel and Reports Manager, Jackson-George Regional Library System; 3214 Pascagoula Street, Pascagoula, MS 39567. Additional job information can be found at www.jgrls.org. Deadline is Wednesday, December 06, 2013.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.