JGRLS EmploymentApplication: click here (Adobe PDF)
POSITION: Facilities Maintenance Manager – Professional Associate III
SALARY RANGE: $42,000-$52,000 annually with employee benefits including low cost health insurance.
HOURS: Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm, occasional evenings and weekends
DATE AVAILABLE: December 1, 2017
1. AA Degree or 60 semester hours of college-level study, Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
2. Three years successful professional maintenance experience, with at least one year in a supervisory position.
3. Effective verbal and written communication skills.
4. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office or other comparable software.
5. Commitment to providing excellent customer service.
6. Commitment to staff development and training.
7. Communicate effectively with library administration, library staff, and city and county officials and employees.
8. Ability to successfully navigate and use the Internet.
9. Ability to effectively communicate and negotiate with contractors, vendors, engineers, craftsmen and third-party service providers.
10. Valid driver’s license and dependable personal transportation.
11. Eligible for coverage under the library’s vehicle liability/uninsured motorist insurance policy.
12. Knowledge of and ability to apply current standards for facility maintenance, planning, management, and delivery service.
13. Knowledge of electrical systems, plumbing systems, HVAC systems and other general mechanics as required.
DUTIES: The duties of this position include, but are not limited to: Serve as liaison between JGRLS and local government appointed and elected officials regarding library facility construction, expansion, repair and maintenance. Supervise custodial staff. Provide custodial supply and equipment guidance, including inventory of custodial supplies. Resolves building and grounds related issues for all 8 library properties. Monitor facilities helpdesk system and respond to tickets in a timely manner. Execute and maintain third-party contracts and other services. Supervise delivery driver and JGRLS courier service, act as back-up delivery driver as needed. Serve as JGRLS safety officer. Coordinate emergency training and preparation. Monitor utilities and approve bills for payment.
TO APPLY: IN-HOUSE CANDIDATESMust meet min qualifications to apply. Submit a formal letter of application to Lori Barnes, Director, at the Jackson-George Regional Library System; 3214 Pascagoula Street, Pascagoula, MS 39567 (email@example.com). The letter should state why you want the position and what your career goals and objectives are. You must have a letter of recommendation from your supervisor. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
TO APPLY: OUTSIDE CANDIDATES Min qualifications for the position can be seen on the library website or at any library circulation desk. Applications can be picked up beginning November 14, 2017 at any JGRLS Library front desk or from the www.jgrls.org/services/employment website. Both application and formal resume must be completed and submitted to your local library in order to be considered for this position. This position is open until filled. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Location: Gautier Public Library -- Application PDF click here
Available: February 1, 2018
1. High School Diploma or GED and 18 years of age.
2. Must have dependable transportation to and from work.
3. Must be able to work mornings, evenings, and weekends (Saturday) as scheduled and work up to 16 hours per week.
4. Must have good communications skills, both orally and written.
5. Must have good computer skills, and have the ability to learn new computer applications.
6. Must be able to push carts filled with books, lift boxes of books, bend and stretch to reach high and low shelves while holding books, and other physical tasks as needed.
1. Prefer candidates that have a JGRLS library card.
2. Prefer candidates with previous work experience involving providing goods or services to the public.
Wages: Minimum Wage: $7.25/hour
WORK HOURS: Up to 16 hour/week; including evenings and weekends.
DUTIES: In conjunction with other library personnel, shelving of materials, mending materials, prepare new items for circulation, staff public service desk; answer phones; assist Library Manager in day-to-day operations as required.
TO APPLY: Applications can be picked up beginning January 5, 2018 at Gautier Public Library, 2100 Library Lane, Gautier, MS or from the www.jgrls.org/services/employment website.
DEADLINE: All applications must be completed and submitted to the Gautier Public Library by 5:00 p.m. January 18, 2018. Mandatory skill & knowledge tests will be given by appointment at the Pascagoula Public Library. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
GENERAL EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION
-Library Employment Guidelines:
Most jobs follow these general guidelines: Under the direction and supervision of the Branch Manager and or his/her designee, employees holding part-time hourly positions assist other library personnel in completing certain tasks necessary for the efficient and effective access to and use of the library's collections of resources and services.
Work is performed in accordance with Regional Library Board of Trustees' approved policies and procedures and other directives as issued by the Branch Manager and Director.
Employees holding these positions will, through open and continuous channels of communication, complete all job duties and responsibilities accurately and in a timely manner. All employees are expected to possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to complete all assigned duties and responsibilities.
All candidates for open positions must complete:
(1) Application for Employment
(2) Supplemental Application
(3) Various testing - depending on position sought